Calling all amateur photographers! Ever fancied having your picture published on the front cover of a calendar? Now is your chance! We are thrilled to announce the launch of the Cancer Support Haute-Vienne 2019 Calendar Competition.
There will be one overall winner voted by a panel of judges, and 11 runners-up. Each entrant is allowed up to four photos (one for each season). Twelve images in total will be chosen to represent the months of the year. The 2019 Calendar will be printed and for sale at the end of this year. All proceeds of the sale will go directly to Cancer Support Haute-Vienne.
Calendar theme for 2019
The theme for the 2019 Calendar Competition is ‘Life in Rural France’. We are looking for photographs of the countryside, wildlife or animals (no domestic household pets, but domestic animals such as cows, chickens, sheep, goats etc are permitted), landscapes and even weather, in a rural setting.
Pictures that encapsulate life here in the beautiful French countryside, with originality and imagination, keeping the natural world at heart.
The closing date for the competition is midnight on Thursday 31st May 2018.
How to enter the competition
Entries must be sent in digital format only. All images (you can enter up to four in total – one for each season) must be the original high resolution files, at 300 dpi, landscape – 3508 x 2480 pixels. When emailing or uploading the image, please save the file using your full name and the season. Entrants must include their full names, address, telephone number and email address.
You can enter by emailing your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Points to remember
Think nature, think rural France.
The photo must be landscape orientation (not portrait).
Start taking your camera out and about with you – you never know when the light will be just right.
The important stuff
Make sure you read and comply with the terms and conditions of the competition.
1. Entrants can submit up to 4 photos (one for each season) as JPEG files, each file saved with your name and season (eg John Smith Spring). Original digital images only, they must be landscape (not portrait) at 300 dpi, 3508 x 2480 pixels.
2. If your contribution features other people that are recognisable, you are responsible for ensuring that you have full permission from the featured party or parties to take their photograph, and that this image will be published in print form and used at any time.
3. You must fill in a consent form if any people appear in your images. Download the consent form from etcetera or CS-HV website and send the completed form to etcetera (scanned copy via email or post).
4. You must have been granted permissions to use any public or private buildings, as well as creators of original works.
5. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole copyright owner of all photographs entered. By entering the competition you are authorising etcetera magazine and Cancer Support Haute-Vienne to use the photo(s) you submit in any context and at any time.
6. The closing date for entries is midnight on Thursday 31st May 2018.
7. The competition is open to residents and owners of property in France. Employees of etcetera magazine or the executive committee of Cancer Support Haute-Vienne are not eligible to enter. Entrants under 18 need to have parental or guardian consent to enter. Entrants must not be professional photographers, that is a person who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
8. All entries will be judged by a panel of six judges and their decision is final. Judges have the right to exclude any images they believe to be excessively enhanced. They will consider a range of factors including composition, originality and interpretation of the brief, as well as the commercial appeal of the photographs.
9. The best photograph will be on the front cover of the calendar and the winner will receive a magnum of champagne. The overall winner and the 11 runnersup will be published in the September issue of etcetera magazine.
We are holding another quiz at the Mairie, Videix 87600 on Saturday 13th November 2021 at 19h00. Teams of 4….